Wednesday 11 July 2012

Photos of college meals - for my grandpa!

My grandpa came to Cambridge university for a short while when he was studying medicine, and he was curious what kind of food they serve here now. I was surprised to discover on my first night here that we have a sit-down three-course meal with entrée, mains and dessert every night: with waiter service! Breakfast is a large buffet that we help ourselves from, and lunch we have to find for ourselves.
The meal from our first night in the college:


Pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce for entrée


For mains: mashed potato, greens and beef gravy with a chicken breast wrapped with bacon and stuffed with cheese and sun-dried tomato. I'm not sure what it's called, but it was pretty good ;)


For desserts: mousse with raspberry compote and whole raspberries - very delicious :)

The second night we had a fruit entrée (melon, watermelon, and pineapple), salmon and greens with a delicious tangy sauce for mains, and a trifle, meringue thing for dessert.
Tonight we had minestrone soup for entrée, beef stroganoff and greens for mains (wonderful stroganoff!), and something that I think was a panacotta with berries and cream for desserts. 
I am very impressed with the meals we've had, I thought we'd be piling our own plates at a buffet!

No comments:

Post a Comment